Monday, June 11, 2012

Connecticut

Kendall, Logan and I spent the first week of June in CT helping my mom clean out our childhood home in preparation for selling it, and helping my grandma pack up for her move to Denver.  It may have been the most exhausting week of my life. A lot of stuff and a lot of memories build up in a house over 35 years.  We found some treasures, including the rules for our childhood clubs.  Mine was the Rock Club, which I ran with my best friend Meaghan.  It was located in a pile of rocks leftover from construction at the school.  We researched different kinds of rocks using the Q-R volume of my Encyclopedia.  According to the rules, if you wanted to have a meeting, you had to bang 2 rocks together.  Kendall's club was the Roof Club.  She was (is) always cooler. She and her friend Caitlin were the chairwomen of the club.  Andrew was given the position of janitor.  They practiced various ways to climb on and off our roof, the favorite being jumping off onto the trampoline below.  Things were different back then.  Everybody else jumped off their roof too, right?  It is very sad to part with your childhood home.  I guess it has to happen some time, and I am lucky to have kept mine for so long.  I hope Logan can have the same.

Some photos from our week:

Christmas in June dinner at Aunt Susie's.  Mmm eggplant!

Logan and his pal Kiera.  Kiera LOVES Logan.  It is very cute.

At the beach with Katie and her boys, Nicky and Owen. 

Covered in sand and other goo

Nicky and Owen found an awesome stick.  They were going to bring it home for the raft they're building.

Nothing better than a good sink bath


Sorting everything into moving van, dumpster, and donation piles. 

Logan loved Charlie.  He's still asking "Where's kitty cat?" I see animals in our future.


We found 5 "Z" hats my dad had made for a vacation once.  Logan is hiding behind one.
Logan spent the better part of the week climbing up and down the stairs.  He's kind of starved for stairs in our house.
At the airport for the trip back to Denver. That was a LONG flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment