Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Ouray

We spent a few days in Ouray at the end of July.  Ouray's one of our favorite places.  I think its the most beautiful part of Colorado, and once you're there everything is so close. The last time we were there was 3 years ago when I was pregnant with Logan, but we're thinking we should make it an annual vacation spot.  I grew up going to the same lake in Maine every year, and have such fond memories.  I think its nice to have that one place that you return to again and again.
   

Amelie's first climbing trip.  We went to the local crag in Ouray-- it was not great, but good enough for a few climbs.

Logan, Amelie, and me on a (very sunny) hike overlooking town

Amelie & me at the park


We did a beautiful hike up Yankee Boy Basin.  Mark and Buddy climbed Mt Sneffels, a 14-er.  Kenny & I carried the kids and made it to a lake below Mt Sneffels.

Trudging up the road. We moved at a snail's pace.  Logan is really heavy, and I am very out of shape.  Mark carried him the next day and practically ran up the mountain.

Lake below Sneffels.  Logan took this picture!  Usually his pictures are of feet, but this time he framed it perfectly.

Kenny took a pretty good picture too

Kenny & Amelie

The group reunites on the way down

Kenny, me, & kids in Yankee Boy Basin

Yankee Boy Basin


Yankee Boy Basin

The next day we drove around and hiked up Blaine Basin towards the north side of Mt Sneffels.   

There were lots of raspberries and even a few mountain strawberries along the way. 

We made it!
Logan was playing with Kenny's phone and refused to look at the camera.  I bribed him with fruity snacks to get him to look for this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment