Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Updates & Spring Break Part 2

For anyone that's wondering, the fire is out (having never come near our house), the mountain of snow at the top of our driveway has mostly but not entirely melted, and the tree has fallen (it had a little help from Mark).

For Spring Break part 2, Logan and I made a weekend trip home to CT to see my mom and Ginny. I was a little terrified of flying alone with him. I know plenty of people fly alone with two kids and I shouldn't be complaining. Logan did fine, but it was totally exhausting coming up with a new toy or snack or distraction every 2 minutes for 4.5 hours.

We had a nice visit, despite some teething-induced crabbiness. I feel like I use the teething excuse a lot, but with only 8 out of 20 teeth in, that excuse has some life left. He got to meet his 3 year old "cousin" Keira, whom he loved. She liked him too, and wanted to take him home with her (not a bad idea, I thought, for a night or two). Charlie the cat was a big hit too. We spent a few hours chasing him around the yard and the house before he finally got fed up and scratched Logan. Logan was not deterred... he kept right on chasing. We rounded out the weekend with trips to the park, stacking cups with Grandma, baths in the sink (my go-to activity when I'm out of all other ideas) and a ride on the carousel horse. That scab on Logan's nose is a result of a running fall into a bucket of sidewalk chalk last week at daycare-- his first real wound.












No comments:

Post a Comment