Wednesday, April 11, 2012

15 months

I don't know how long I'll keep up these monthly updates... at some point you just need to transition to years. But not quite yet.

At 15 months, Logan is starting to mimic people. He's taken to shrieking, and then putting his finger to his mouth and saying "shhh". I find it pretty funny, although I could do without the shrieking. He loves wagon rides, backpack rides, and tricycle rides. His favorite toys are pots and pans, tupperware containers, bottles with caps, buckles, and toothbrushes. He will give kisses, is a master of bye-bye, can go up and down stairs, and get down off the couch. He loves flipping light switches. His new words are barn, deer, MINE!, and Buddy. Which he says over and over and over.

Another significant development this month-- Logan has chosen a blankie. I don't know how he chose this one. There's a pile of baby blankets folded away in his dresser. He opened the dresser door one day and selected a blanket from the very bottom of the pile, yanked it out, and ever since that has been the one. He now sleeps with it, and Mark has seen him go to great lengths to arrange it just so, readjusting it 3-4 times to get it right.

4 comments:

  1. Why is it that they have to pick the loose weave (less durable) baby blue (so cliche) blanket. Very similar to the one Dylan chose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're more experienced in the blanket arena than I am. I hadn't considered that it would be less durable. Guess I better brush up on my darning skills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate, I showed this photo to Eileen Holleran who made the blanket and she loved it! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is actually Janet's blanket-- but it looks a lot like Eileen's. They're both well loved.

    ReplyDelete