Friday, October 18, 2013

Kenny's birthday

Kenny turned 30 this year! We celebrated with a big party and then a weekend away. I was probably more excited about that weekend than she was. We spent 2 nights in Beaver Creek and I got to sleep 12 hours per night. (That's my biggest wish these days... just to sleep.) We also went on a couple hikes, had massages/facials at the spa, and had a fancy 3 course meal courtesy of my mom. Kenny dropped me off with Mark & the kids on Sunday afternoon, and we headed off climbing. All that rest and relaxation lasted about 2 seconds, as Logan started whining as soon as I got in the car, then they both started crying... oh well, the peace and quiet was fun while it lasted. Mark did a great job holding down the fort... thank you Mark! And also, happy birthday Andrew!

Party girls.  Kenny & Amelie in polka dots

We don't have many occasions to dress up, but its so fun when we do.

Happy 30th!



We caught the last of the aspens.  This hike was pretty, but unfortunately hunting season had just started and the trail was blood-speckled.  Yuck.  Our concierge warned us about the hunters but said she was pretty sure we'd be fine as long as we stayed away from the deer.



Our hotel had these funny climber sculptures scaling the walls

Kenny found Mark Twain

And I found Einstein.

No comments:

Post a Comment