Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Fire

There is a ~3800 acre fire burning about 7 miles from our house. 900 homes have been evacuated and 6500 have received pre-evacuation notices. Mark's work is on the pre-evac list, but our house is not. I did register for reverse 911 calls and make a list of what to take just in case. Its somewhat comforting to realize my list is pretty short. Most of what we have is replaceable.

There's a very exciting video of a family fleeing the fire, which I post at the risk of worrying our mothers. This was right near where the fire started-- I'm sure the rest of us would be warned far in advance of this situation.
http://photos.denverpost.com/mediacenter/2012/03/raw-video-escaping-the-lower-north-fork-fire/32715/

I guess this is a good reminder when I'm complaining about the snow all winter. I'm very much enjoying our sunny 70 degree days in March, but I'd welcome some rain/snow right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment