Thursday, February 2, 2012

I'd Rather Be Sleeping

I've never been one to sleep in very late in the morning. I used to just wake up when it got light out. With Logan, however, life is different. Logan's day starts around 5:30, which at this time of year, is long before the sun makes its entrance. Sometimes I can get him to play in his crib for 15 or 20 minutes, but often he just wants to get up. This usually results in me lying on the floor of his room in a heap telling him how tired mama is while he toddles around talking and having a grand old time.

Getting up before dawn does have some advantages. The other day we got to see the elk herd come through. Logan was pretty interested in them for a couple minutes. Then he found an old cardboard wrapping paper tube and decided hitting mama with it was more interesting. I've gotten to see a lot of sunrises this year. They're pretty. But I think I'd rather be sleeping.


No comments:

Post a Comment