Saturday, July 30, 2011

Cousin Brett

We recently took a trip out west to visit our family in Washington and Oregon. We got to see my cousin Brett at her new house in Beaver Creek, outside Portland. She has a beautiful spot with 5 acres of farmland and orchards in the middle of one of those ancient Oregon forests full of towering mossy trees and a view of Mt. Hood. We had a great time exploring her property, cooking (well, she cooked, I ate), and catching up. She made us all sorts of good stuff, including blackberry peach crisp. I had it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. That’s one of my favorite parts of being an adult, I can eat dessert all day long if I want. Logan’s not old enough for dessert yet, but he did enjoy gnawing on Brett’s arm for a while:

Logan & Brett:

The view from Brett's house:









No comments:

Post a Comment