Saturday, January 11, 2014

Logan- 3 years


At 3 years old, Logan is Mark's mini-me.  He's stubborn and bossy and sweet and loving.  He's fearless when it comes to riding his bike down a big hill or jumping off a tall rock, but kind of terrified of a room of new people. He is shy, and often uses this as an excuse for why he won't say hi to a new person.  "I'm kind of shy, mom."  It takes him a while to warm up. He goes to bed at 8 but stays up until 10, with many requests for water, blankies, books, hugs and kisses, and any other excuse he can think up. He enjoys taking the pull knobs off all our drawers, washing the windows, and making sand/snow castles.  He likes to make lines out of things, whether its the pots and pans across the kitchen floor or toys lined up in borders around his bed. He loves puzzles, trains, legos, and his bike.  His favorite shows are Paw Patrol, Lazy Town, and Jake and the Neverland Pirates.  He still likes to "do his moves," which means imitating Sporticus, though less often than he used to. He says lots of funny things... many probably learned from TV shows, which he watches more than I care to admit, and many learned from us. He calls things "blasted"-- I think this might be a pirate term-- like "I don't want any more of that blasted shampoo!"  He is quick to place blame when a lego tower is accidentally knocked over or a crayon tip broken.  He stands with his hands on his hips and says in a deep voice, "Mom, look what you did!" Its funny to hear the things I say repeated back to me in a 3 year old's voice, and not just the words but the tone too. As we were driving on a bumpy dirt road to get to some climbing, we heard "Dad, I've told you 3 times!  Its not nice to drive on rocks!  You're waking up my sister!"  He is very sweet to his sister.  When she cries, he says "Its okay sweet pea, I'm right here".  When she gets anywhere near the iPad, grabs the occasional lego, or otherwise treads on his turf, he is not so sweet. Today I explained to him that Amelie would start playing with toys soon, and he would need to learn to share.  His answer was, "Mom, I'm not sure that's a good idea."  He is very possessive of her at day care.  If his friend Devon gets anywhere near her, he says "Dev, that's MY sister!"  He is a master negotiator. "Okay, mom.  I'll eat one carrot, and then I get to have dessert.  Sound like a good plan, mom?"  At some point in the last 2 months he stopped calling my Mommy, and I will now forever be Mom.




No comments:

Post a Comment