Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thanksgiving 2

Our second Thanksgiving was here in Colorado with my Mom, Ginny, and the Goetz's. Kristina invited us over (or maybe I invited us over...) so somehow we made out with 2 Thanksgiving dinners this year without cooking much of it ourselves. We each had identical families-- mom, grandma (both 95), husband, and 2 kids. Somehow sitting down to a peaceful dinner proved difficult with only the 8:4 adult to kid ratio. Amelie was teething and tired, Logan had not yet warmed up to the kids he's known forever, and we all ate with one hand while bouncing babies or feeding Sporticus.  I'm sure we'll look back and treasure the noise and chaos, right?





After Thanksgiving, my mom, grandma, Amelie and I went to holiday tea at the Brown Palace hotel.  I dragged Mark there the first year we lived here-- I think he was the only man in the whole place.  This year we made it a lady's event. Amelie was a perfect angel, sleeping through the whole thing.  We woke her up at the end so we could take some pictures of her screaming in the fancy hotel.




My mom stayed the week, so Amelie and Sporticus got in some good Grandma Z time.  And the best part is we get to see her again for Christmas in 3 weeks!



No comments:

Post a Comment