Monday, February 11, 2013

Winter update

The past month or so has gone something like this:
Week 1: Kate sick
Week 2: Mark sick
Week 3: Logan sick
Week 4: repeat

Logan was the sickest I’ve ever seen him. He did not get up off the couch for 5 days. I think I’ve watched enough Sprout to last a lifetime. We finally went to the doctor on day 5 and they took pity on him and gave him some antibiotics and within a day he was racing around the house again. Then I kind of missed the mellow sick Logan. He hates the antibiotics… screams and kicks as Mark holds him down. You’d think he was being tortured. Tammy does it for us during the week. I don’t have the heart. But that’s okay, I’ve surrounded myself with people that do.

This sickness coincided with him officially going off mama milk. I don’t think it’s a coincidence—I’ve heard that happens. I remember somebody saying that after a few days, they’d forget all about nursing. Maybe that’s true if they’re weaned at 1. At 2, Logan has asked for milk every day for 2 weeks. He has a long memory. I think that’s part of the reason he holds grudges so long.

Somewhere around week 2, I went on a work trip. This was the first one I’ve been on since Logan was born, besides a one night trip to DC. Neither Mark nor I travel much, but Mark’s been gone at least 3 or 4 weeks, and I was pretty sure it was my turn for a week away. It didn’t hurt that it was Key West. I won’t lie, it was pretty great. I got to go for sunset runs along the water, had at least a whole hour every day to do whatever I wanted to do, and I didn’t hear TV the whole week. I didn’t sleep as much as I dreamed I would, though. Mark & Logan enjoyed themselves too—Logan actually paid some attention to Mark without me there. As an extra bonus, I got to see my Aunt Susie one night, and she made Christmas Eve dinner for me. We attempted to replicate it here in Colorado this Christmas, but there’s nothing like the real thing.

Here are some pictures from the last month:


Pretty sunset on the drive home.  Maybe someday I'll get that cracked windshield replaced.

Logan helping Daddy stick clip his route

Attempting to get Logan to nap at the crag.  Didn't work.


The view from my hotel in Key West



If you're shoes are big enough, you don't have to wear pants

Family X-country ski trip turned hike.  We haven't had much snow this winter.
Logan's first time on skates.  This was the day before he turned two.

Mark taking his climbing OCD to a new level. He carried an umbrella up to the rest to shield himself from the hot sun.

Logan & Mark on a trip to the playground.  All Mark needs is a raccoon hat and they'll be twins.

2 comments:

  1. It's great to see Logan developing his own personality! Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there! I just wаnt to offer you a bіg thumbs up for your great info
    you have got right heге on this pοst. I'll be returning to your site for more soon.

    My page: windows xp updates

    ReplyDelete