Tuesday, December 11, 2012

1 year 11 months

At one month shy of two, Logan is starting to watch TV programs.  Finally!  I thought the day would never come.  (I know TV is awful and all, but its a pretty great babysitter too.  And I'm pretty sure he learns stuff from some of the programs.)  Logan's favorite is Super Why, especially the theme song.  We have to rewind to listen to it over and over, and now Mark goes around singing it all day.  Its a pretty nerdy show-- about super heroes who's powers are spelling, reading, alphabet, and words.  Like father (and mother) like son, I guess.  There's a part where all the super heroes introduce themselves, and then turn to the viewer and ask them to say their name.  Logan always hides as I shout "Logan!," as if he's too shy to have the TV characters know his name.  Either that or he's just already embarassed over his dorky mom.   He also likes the part on PBS Kids where they show a birthday cake and the letters "happy birthday" turn into cupcakes, ice cream cones, and lollipops.  He runs up to the TV and pretends to eat them. 

Logan has started to surprise me by knowing things I did not teach him, and telling me about  his day (although I can never really be sure its really what happened).  He has a buddy his age at daycare named Devon.  They do not leave eachother's side all day long.  They also fight all day long.  It continues when Logan comes home (even though Devon is not here).  As he's playing by himself, I hear "Go way Dev!"  "My car!  Mine!" 

Logan has started the Mom, look!  Mom, watch this!  thing.  Over and over as he does the same thing again and again. 


The funniest thing Logan said this month was while I was changing his diaper, and Mark came in to hold Logan down as he was thrashing around.  Logan turned to Mark and said "Go watch TV." 

2 comments:

  1. We love Super Why at our house! Everybody knows the theme song and I can't get Eric to stop singing it either. Does he watch WordWorld? That's the other favorite here, we even had to buy some DVD's for our trip over here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have not seen WordWorld. I'll look for that one! Hope you guys are doing well over there-- we're looking forward to visiting next year!

    ReplyDelete