Sunday, November 25, 2012

Christmas Tree

We went out into the forest to cut down our Christmas tree this year. Its a big Colorado thing-- I did not realize how big until we joined hundreds of other people in the solitude of the woods the day after Thanksgiving. I've always just gotten a pre-cut tree from a tree lot, but this year some friends invited us along with them, so we decided to try it.  The day started with meeting Smokey the Bear.  That did not go over so well with Logan.  It does not bode well for our visit with Santa Claus. 
Logan clinging to Mama when Smokey gets too close

Then we hiked around the woods for over an hour combing through spindly crooked trees full of holes, searching for one that was good enough.  Kendall and Logan gave up and sat down to play with the iPhone.  Mark & I searched on, but eventually we too got tired and grumpy and took a lunch break.  We went back out after lunch and quickly found the one.  I'm not sure if it was better than all the others, or if we had just lowered our standards. 
The tree, back when it was living

Its actually grown on me at this point, and I like it despite the fact that you can see through it.  It has character.  But I feel pretty bad about cutting down a tree that would have had a long life if not for me.  I think next year I'll stick to the tree lot.



And one random picture, just because:  Miss Arbor's birthday party pizza picnic.
Jack, Logan, and Arbor... 21 months, 23 months, and 2 years

No comments:

Post a Comment